SmartCella Solutions is seeking a highly motivated Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our R&D team on our immunology project. The Scientist provides scientific expertise, oversees the planning and execution of projects and is accountable for delivering these in a timely manner. As a part of our dynamic team, this role would collaborate closely with other scientists to develop, optimize, validate and execute biochemical and/or cellular assays to support R&D projects, some weekend work will be required. The role will be located at SmartCella Solutions AB/ Working LAB, Nanna Svartzväg 2 in Solna.
- Lead the design, development, and execution of immunological assays, including: ELISApot, ELISA, FACs, detection of antigen-specific cells, functional assays, single-cell profiling techniques to characterize immune cell populations, identify exploratory biomarkers, and other relevant techniques.
- Develop, optimize, validate and troubleshoot immunological assays and implement new techniques to assess mechanisms of action in a timely manner.
- Evaluate, analyze, review raw data, and present results to scientific groups (internally & externally)
- Keep abreast of scientific and other relevant literatures.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment and independently to deliver against fast timelines.
- Maintain a high standard of experimentation and documentations.
Qualifications needed for the role
- Excellent verbal and writing skills for documentation of data, drafting of reports, and communication of progress within team and to manager.
- PhD in Molecular Biology from Immunology, Immuno-oncology or Cancer Biology field.
- An additional 2+ years relevant industry or academia work experience in immunology.
- Proven hands-on experience in the development and implementation of immunological assays, including ELISpot, ELISA, FACs, detection of antigen specific cells, cytokine assays, B cell and T cell based assays, serological assays.
- Experience with immune repertoire analyses.
- Experience in conceptualizing and leading innovative assay development and data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Experience in working within a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of self-motivation, flexibility, and organization.
- Meticulous laboratory approach, careful adherence to protocols and excellent lab notebook documentation.
It will be beneficial to also have:
- Prior experience in RNA biology is highly desirable.
- Experience in cell and gene therapy
- Strong publication record in an academic background in immunology, immune-oncology or cancer biology
- Working knowledge in RNA therapeutic field
- Previous experience in in vivo disease modeling within immunology is highly desirable.
Interested? Submit your application today! We will review applications on an ongoing basis and hope to fill the position as soon as possible.
SmartCella is a world-leading biotech & medtech company pioneering the future of targeted therapies by combining first-in-class delivery platforms with cutting-edge cell and gene therapies. The SmartCella group consist of SmartCella Holding AB, ProCella Therapeutics AB, SmartWise AB and SmartCella Solutions AB with a total of 65 employees from more than 20 nationalities.