About The Position
This full-time support role will focus on the development of Procella’s current cell-based product to treat cardiac disease. In specific, the culture and differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells (PSCs) into cardiomyocytes, as well as related analytical assays. Key activities of Research Technician will include supporting daily activities of general lab management, expansion and differentiation of PSCs in adherent culture, cell purification, cell banking, and performing in-process controls and product characterization tests according to standardized analytical protocols. Reporting to Senior Scientist, the Research Associate will be responsible for the production and characterization of consistently high-quality differentiated cells using standard operating protocols and to contribute towards the goal of creating a cell therapy product.
For this supportive role, the primary focus will be to reliably and consistently expand and differentiate human embryonic stem cells into cardiomyocytes in adherent culture and future upscaling. Key activities will include cell banking, stability studies and performing in-process controls according to standardized protocols.
Who are you?
Required Professional Qualifications
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Biomanufacturing or related field
- Experience with cell culture with excellent sterile technique
- Hands on experience with flow cytometry and/or qPCR
- Demonstrated capabilities in planning and executing experiments
- Ability to quantify experimental results and report to Senior Scientists and present to the team
Required Personal Qualifications
- Good oral and written communications skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects and carefully keep records.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to perform well in a team setting
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solving
- Goal-oriented thinking and executing
- Able to legally work in Sweden
- Experience with human pluripotent stem cell culture
- Experience with assay development
- Hands on in adherent and suspension culture in automated bioreactors
- Experience in animal cell bioprocessing (upstream and downstream)
- Creativity and innovation
- Industry experience in process/analytical development
- Experience in a GMP manufacturing environment